Fondue Gerber Overview
Fondue Gerber was the world’s first ready-to-use fondue in 1960 by visionary entrepreneur Walter Gerber. It gave the average house the flexibility and easiness to cook great quality cheese fondue at home according to the needs and wants. In addition, the Fondue Gerber can be easily stored and kept for months without refrigeration. Therefore, you can stock up on the delicious Swiss Fondue without needing to worry about going bad.
Contains two bags (each 400g) of the finest fondue mixture.
For 5 – 7 people:
800g Gerber Fondue, two clove garlic, Nutmeg spice, About 1kg of bread (flute)
- Peel the garlic, take a piece and generously rub the fondue pot.
- Cut the bread into bite-sized cubes. Every piece must have a bit of crust.
- Empty the contents of the fondue bag into the pot and let the cheese melt over low heat. Stir the mixture constantly to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot and burning.
- Once the fondue mix has melted completely, add a bit of nutmeg spice and put the pot on the burner in the middle of the table.
- Serve with the cubes of bread in a basket.
If you like, you can add additional Kirsch or Fondue spices.
How to eat:
Spear a bread cube with the long fondue fork through the crust and dip it into the fondue pot. Don’t forget to stir the fondue well as you dip your bread to prevent it from sticking. Slowly spin the bread over the pot one or two times to wrap any threads of cheese around the bread. Then eat this delicious treat directly from the fork.
Get Fondue Gerber online
The Swiss platform with authentic Swiss products and the only one where the “swiss-made” difference is shown. Official international representative of “Swiss Label. Order online, and you get the trackable, insured parcel delivered straight to your door, wherever you are in the world, directly from Switzerland.